I'm Clarence a mid 30's married gay male. I was taught to sew by my mother and grandmother but forgot it all. I have serger, cheepo chinese singer, and my grandmothers <3 singer featherweight <3 (thats heart in geek)
- I tend to get drawn into projects i can't complete
- I love unconventional modifications of clothes and everyday item.
- At my heart i am cheep. i will spent $30 on a project to save $10 if i don't believe the value is there from the manufacture.
- I have clasic ADD and i work for a major internet company.
- i LOVE to work with my hands. the focus and thought gives me calm in a otherwise chaotic maelstrom of thought and desires
- I suck. no really i do. i don't make straight seams. often my stitching is disjointed and something crazy.
- I will never do this in volume or professorially.
- I prefer the art school project look vs the finished profesionaly. I think it adds charm.
- I hate conformity of modern clothes, homes, and culture. I think my desire to have something unique drives this sewing.
- steampunk: its kinda a make believe Victorian modern thing. think jules vern. I don't cosplay but i love the fashion and ideas from the artists and participants.
- malepatternboldness: Peter inspires me daily to take the plunge on projects i know will fail but learn anyway. and he's sassy
- goth industrial: somewhat the music and style I fell near growing up. problem is I love my life now. still like the darkness and edge of the fashion and art still.
- punk: don't like the music or whining. do love the fashion and reuse of clothing.
- Drag queens: I don't do drag or wear womens clothing to look like a woman. (i will buy a womans shirt, jacket or rainboots and such if i like them) i love the innovation that comes from being broke and having to shove a 250# man in a size 2. the camp is always fantastic and give me ideas for techniques and sometimes clothes
WTF is this
- progress and pictures: i will post what i;m working on and how it looks as i go
- place holder for ideas
- archive for crazy things i see
A few pictures of the lair. This is a 'family room' in the basement unused except when i have a project
my sewing table.
Singer Inspiration 4210 Sewing Machine
Brother 1034D 3/4 Lay-In Thread Serger