Friday, March 2, 2018

Coraline otherbobinski costume

My god daughter has costume birthdays.
Last year was “The nightmare before Christmas” where we went as dc comic hereos and villains 
I went as the joker



This year was “Coraline” themed. I found it dark as a movie but neutered for the party. They wanted us to gloss over the stealing of children’s eyes and soles. Oh well

We were assigned the roles of Mr Bobinski, Other Bobinski, and mouse.
Who am I to say no to costumes!
The references




I took a thrift suit coat and 
  • cut the bottom to shape
  • sewed on the removed fabrics as tails
  • Painted on gold cording
  • Built medals and shoulder boards from cardboard
I made hats from cardboard. In the end I only bought two coats for this project














No comments:

Post a Comment